Better day today - it is amazing how one line of stitching can pull the whole piece together again.
The journey line running through the embroidery had got lost on the green side - but as soon as I put a line of yellow stitching it - it reappeared and the piece started to come together. I also covered the maze with bondaweb - then put gold film on top - after it had stuck - I touched it with a hot iron to make it look worn - then re machine stitched the maze . It does look better.
More integrated within the piece. As I have put gold foil on the maze - I will now have to have a sprinkling of it through the piece to link the elements together.
I don't really have many studio hours available to me this week - but I think I have broken the back of the work, and now it will be a case of enriching the surface in some areas with more hand stitching - I toyed with the idea of seed beads everywhere -
It could look rather nice ...........
But remembered my deadline!!