Wednesday 30 January 2008

Pink

"It is better to light a candle,
than to curse the darkness"

I read this earlier in the day and it seems very apt for me right now.

Following on from my last post - I am still sad for my youngest son, who is now travelling lighter than ever - as the burglars also took his suitcase!

But in "blog land" today I came across this on Monica's blog. (girl gone thread wild)




Monica is going to make a doll and a quilt from 2 inch squares sent to her by fellow bloggers. The square can be in your chosen medium, with a cloth base, so Monica can sew the square to the doll - please see her blog for inspiration.

The doll will be sent to Art Doll Quarterly, and then auctioned. The proceeds will go to help fight breast cancer.

The square must be with Monica by the 1st March 2008 - so there is plenty of time if you want to contribute. Do check out Monica's blog for all the information. HERE

I started my squares to-day.



2 inch squares - work in progress.

4 comments:

Jodi Peary said...

Wonderful squares. Thanks for the link;I look forward to visiting Monica's blog. I love most the spirit of community your post reveals.
jodi

sharon young said...

What a lovely colour pink you've chosen for the squares, and the imagery's gorgeous, I especially like Spirit.
I shall pop across to Monica's blog, sounds interesting, it's such a worthy cause.

girlgonethreadwild said...

Hi Karen, I'm delighted you found your way to our pink artist proj and we are thrilled to have you contributing squares. Big fat thank you for going pink, this doll is our way of "walking the walk" for the cause. I look forward to r'cving your beautiful contributions... your art will surely make our doll sing! ~Monica

girlgonethreadwild said...

Hi Karen, thanks for letting me know these are in the mail. What fun, Monica :)