Wednesday 5 December 2007

Listen to Your Muse


This is the canvas that I made for the 8 x 8 inch canvas swap on art-e-zine. Generously hosted by Christine (her blog is here)


It is the first swap I have taken part in - partly because I had the time available to do it. And because of the format - I love the 8 x 8 format - large enough to do some interesting work, and small enough to post to America. Also it was "a favourite technique" Obviously I used free machine embroidery, with hand stitching, done on layers of organza. So now I wait patiently for a canvas to be sent to me from America.

I am doing things in the studio - if somewhat slowly - without moving my head - or bending down - but it is not stuff that I can post about just yet.

5 comments:

Shirley Anne Sherris said...

Hi
Glad to see you defying the vertigo and managing to do some work.
Lovely delicate piece - I presume it is 8x8 inches.
Look forward to seeing more.
Cheers

sharon young said...

Hi Karen
Good to hear your managing to get some studio time.

The canvas is lovely,beautiful colour harmonies and the figure has a calming, meditative quality.

Hope you recover soon.

Judy said...

oh Honey, tha is NICE!!!!
slow go is better than no go. Glad you are at least in the slow mode!

xo

Seth said...

Karen: Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I am glad it led me to yours. This canvas is beautiful...great colors, texture and movement in the piece. Seth

Ro Bruhn said...

This piece is beautiful. I love your dyed fabric in your earlier post too